More 2005 Favorites/Memories

Books: "My Friend Leonard" by James Frey. I really dug "A Million Little Pieces" but this one's even better. A great, great story about friendship, overcoming addiction, acceptance and understanding.

Movies: I can't think of one. I need to see "Syriana" and "Good Night, Good Luck" (is that the title?). "Capote" was good but not memorable - outstanding performance by Hoffman but the story was a bit erratic.

San Francisco: A city I'm slowly starting to love. I've met some incredible people here, I couldn't be happier at the new gig and the music scene's pretty, pretty nice.

Aliya Huprikar, Amelia Negri and Hudson Galik: Three of my close friends have children and it's changed my perspective on a lot of things.

The Wrens: Reignited not only my love for live music but my faith in recording artists.

Brooklyn: Not a day goes by that I don't miss not only Brooklyn but my great friends and family back in the NYC area.

Postcard: Just a wonderful place. I've received countless treats this year (Haire's First Ave. gift, Tampakev's Centro tees, B Mike's live cd package, etc., etc.) and rarely does anyone ask for anything in return. A great place to talk music, politics, sports, about yourself.....

There's so much more but that'll do it for now. 2005's been a great one; hopefull 2006 will bring similar smiles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best