The Age of Trump : What's Next

On the eve of another decade, I find myself, surprisingly, more hopeful than I've been in a long time: maybe all the way back to Obama's victory in 2009. Despite the horrific things happening in our country, almost all with the support and urging of Trump and the Republican Party, when I sit back and take stock, and review history, I'm almost certain that not only will we get through this, but we will come out and enter a new golden age for the United States. It's not over. We're not doomed. We haven't lost. Greed, white supremacy, lies and hatred will not prevail. Will it be easy? No, and it never has been. Will Trump go quietly and gracefully, whether in 2020 or 2024 (or whenever)? No. He will likely fuel hatred and violence as he's done throughout his term, and really, his life. But ultimately, he will lose. As will McConnell, Graham, McCarthy and those hanging onto a past that really only exists in their venom. Sure, they've taped up and clung to an ugly and divisive reality, but it is coming to an end. They know it, which is why, day in and day out, they are swinging so hard. It's the bottom of the 9th and it's all hands on deck for them. But they will lose. Much sooner than they think.

In a few decades, it will be hard to imagine a country without medicare for all, a country that wasn't reborn via millions of green jobs that helped to rebuild our infrastructure and energy grid. We will see companies like Apple, Google and many new entrants, not just working to deliver products, services and ads, but they will unleash their endless loads of cash to do good. I'm certain that the way that we view corporations, commerce and money will merge with the national calling to not just save us from climate change, but to work as a nation to improve our lives, our future, our ways of living.

This country has made it through countless horrors of the past: slavery, Jim Crow, and soon, the age of Trump. We will prevail again. It's a long road, and I do believe that we'll slam into many more challenges and terrors, but we will ultimately drive through this and see a new America, one we can once again be proud of, one that is welcoming and is built upon hope and promise. We're not there yet, and it may take time, but it's out there, and we will eventually grab it.

Comments

  1. I just added your blog to my blogroll, I hope you would give some thought to doing the same.
    additionally rub it in a little!
    Soft Trending

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I would comment and say cool theme, did you create it on your own? Really looks awesome!
    The wise person has long ears and a short tongue.
    600 high authority UK directory submission and 400 search engine submission

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latest Technolgy Trends

    All about latest technology, latest inventions, new research activities, useful products, interesting fun and much more……!

    Covers all topics like... Green World, Health Care, Home Appliances, Interesting Useful, IT Tech, Latest Inventory News, Mobile Technology and Space

    Check for latest updates:

    Latest Technology

    Health Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. esign as well as would it be considered a custom-made extramarital relationship? It really is increased when compared with styles I take advantage of for a few regarding my weblogs
    hSarah Berger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assets just like the one you mentioned here will likely be very helpful to me! Ill submit a hyperlink to this page on my blog. I am sure my guests will discover that very useful. Massive thanks for the helpful info i found on Area News Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.
    I was looking for essential information on this subject. The information was necessary as Im about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for providing a lacking link in sodium hypochlorite amazon
    china air purifier
    korean air purifier brands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyable post I tend to be of the same mind with most of what you wrote. I would love to see more posts on this. I will bookmark and come back.
    Thank you so much. Its very nice. I like it.:D
    amazon hydrogen water
    consumer reports hepa air purifier
    rensair air purifiers cost

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honest, useful and believable post. I frequently share relevant information and updates with my colleagues.

    My Interests are:
    Assured Composite

    Composite Cladding

    Composite Decking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tyvm for the useful information! I wouldnt have found this otherwise!
    Concise and written well, ty for the info
    No BS and well written, I appreciate for the post
    Ishopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Day!
    I am extremely grateful to you for the most useful stuff.
    Thank you for such a wonderful contribution to aware people most of the latest updates.
    Have a nice day!

    My Recommendations for best Auctions Online Shopping:

    Bidvaluable Auction

    auctioneer bidvaluable

    Women's Jewellery & Fashion jewellery Online Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best