Animal Care & Control, SF : Essex


Essex, originally uploaded by ccsbandwagon.

This fine pup is Essex. I played with him for about an hour in the backyard of Animal Care & Control this afternoon. Amazingly, he has been at the shelter since October. Why? I really have no idea. He is happy, fun, gentle and goes absolutely manic when you play ball with him. If I'd stop for a bit, after dropping the ball at my feet, he'd pick it back up and put it on my lap. When I went to leash him and bring him inside he had no problem with it. On his kennel door there is a note about him needing some sort of medication but his problem is under control and is not contagious to other dogs or people. Just a wonderful dog.

The above photo is his pose while he's waiting for me to chuck the ball.

If you're interested, Animal Care & Control is located at 1200 15th Street (at Alabama). Their phone number is (415) 554-6364.

And, of course, there are many more dogs and cats available, all of whom need homes. I will be back later in the week. And my honest hope is that Essex is not there, because that will mean that someone's taken him home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best