2013

It's been a pretty unreal year. I can't recall reflecting on a year and having such a long list of enriching experiences, some of which I never imagined possible.

Here are a few of the highlights of the year 2013:

Solid Sound Music Festival
Three beautiful days in the quiet and rustic town of North Adams, MA. The selection of artists couldn't have been better: Wilco (x2), Low, Neko Case, Dream Syndicate, White Denim and many more. Wilco opened their "covers" set with a blistering take on Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town" followed by Pavement's "Cut Your Hair." Probably the biggest surge of energy I've felt since Clarence joined Bruce onstage many years back in New Jersey. I've been to some great music festivals, but SS is far-and-away the best. From the music to the staff to the food to the pace, this is the perfect music festival.



Friends and Family
Spent a lot of time with friends near and far.



The Replacements
Sure, Bob's gone and Chris didn't join, but this certainly felt like The Replacements. I still can't believe I was able to witness this.


Apple
The job I'd spent 15 years hoping I'd land. It's exceeded my expectations. Amazing to be surrounded by such driven and curious minds.


Rodriguez
What a charming and beautiful performance.


Meeting Peter Jesperson and Jac Holzman
What a thrill to meet two of my heroes. These men played integral roles in some of the greatest rock n' roll ever produced. They both couldn't have been kinder, and I now consider both to be not only role models, but friends.

Big Sur
I will never tire of you.


Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best