"Shoot Out the Lights"

It's a Friday night and I've now listened to this record three times consecutively. After work, instead of the usual trip to a bar, I went to a new record store on Market Street (yes, there's a *new* record store) and picked up the following (all on vinyl):

Richard & Linda Thompson "Shoot Out the Lights" $18
Bangles "All Over the Place" $3
J. Geils Band "Best of...." $3
Folkways: Vision Shared "A Tribute to Woody Guthrie & Leadbelly" $7
David Bowie "Station To Station" $8

I'm psyched to listen to them all, but it'll probably be days before "Shoot Out the Lights" makes its way off the turntable. I mean, Richard and Linda wrote and recorded this record *while* going through a divorce. And despite the tension and lost love, they created this masterpiece. "Wall of Death" stands as one of the greatest songs ever recorded.

Let me take my chances....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best