Drew Glackin



I heard this morning that Drew Glackin has passed away. If you were around live music in New York in the past 15 or so years, there's no doubt that you were alongside Drew at some point. In the mid-to-late 90s I used to see Drew everywhere: The Mercury Lounge, The Lakeside Lounge, Bowery Ballroom....all over New York City. Oftentimes, he was onstage with the likes of The Silos or Tandy playing pedal steel guitar. He always had a huge smile on his face and was an absolute pleasure to be around. For some reason, whenever I saw Drew out, it'd feel like home. I know that sounds corny, but it was true. Drew seemed to love a lot of the same music as I did, and whether he was playing or just watching, he always had this spirit about him. If he was on-hand, I knew that the band I was about to see was worth the trip.

This is very, very sad news. Drew Glackin was 44.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best