Jeff Tweedy Covers The Handsome Family's "So Much Wine" in Phoenix, 12.27.09

From Uncle Tupelo and Golden Smog to Wilco and his solo work, Tweedy's many projects have always had a knack for pulling out amazing covers. I mean, if you're a band and you cover Mott the Hoople's "Henry and the H Bombs," Steely Dan's "Any Major Dude Will Tell You" and Roger Miller's "Reincarnation," you can probably get away with never recording your own material. Well, in my 95 square-foot apartment, you could.

While jumping around iTunes tonight, I landed on Tweedy's solo performance from this past December in Phoenix. Midway through the set came his cover of The Handsome Family's "So Much Wine," a song that I've long considered one of the saddest, yet prettiest songs of the past ten years or so. And, well that's really all I got. Here it is:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best