Dylan Songs

My mother recently mentioned that my Aunt Bonnie, who I haven't seen in maybe 25 years, casually mentioned in a phone call that she wished she had some of Bob Dylan's music. "Is that right?" I asked my mother, already considering the 15-track mix in my head. In a world of immediate access to everything from music to movies and news to sweet chicken parm recipes, I love being thrown back to a time when it wasn't so easy. So, after a morning at the gym where I maxed out at 35 lbs. on the bench, I returned home to put together this mix. Not an easy task, given that Dylan has about 1400 great songs, but hopefully this will bring her back.



Visions of Johanna
The Times They Are a Changin'
Girl From the North Country
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (Live '66)
It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry
Mississippi
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Meet Me In the Morning
Song to Woody
I Want You
Not Dark Yet
The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll (Live '64)
She Belongs to Me
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best