Songs of the Year

It's about that time to start compiling those best of the year lists. I'm still making my way through 2011 releases, but the standout songs have already been listened to over and over and over (though I'm sure I'm missing hundreds of great songs - I just don't buy as many "new" records as I used to). I wouldn't call these the "best" songs, but rather just the songs I haven't been able to put away.

Among the favorites:
"Hard Times" : Gillian Welch
"Whole Love" : Wilco
"All the Talkers" : Centro-matic
"Until It Kills You" : Tim Easton & the Freelan Barons
"Try To Sleep" : Low
"Pouring Rain at Dawn" : The Jayhawks
"Hold On" : Alabama Shakes
"I Want It So Bad" : The Gourds
"Witness" : Richard Buckner
"Eyes Out For You" : Joe Henry

And my favorite:



One Sunday Morning by Wilco on Grooveshark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best