#6 Neil Young


Neil is one of the few mainstays in my musical life. I found my way to him early in my teen years and he set the stage for a lot of the music I'd explore in the decades that followed. I started with the basics, mostly listening to Decade (basically, greatest hits) throughout high school, and then I hit his "grunge" phase in college, playing Freedom, Ragged Glory, and then the slow-down gem, Harvest Moon. But it was post-college that I really dug into the archives and found Neil's best work. On the Beach, Comes a Time, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Zuma, and ultimately my favorite Neil record, the dirtiest of all Neil records, Tonight's the Night.

When considering the history of rock n' roll, Neil Young sits atop the heap with the likes of Chuck Berry, Mick/Keith, Paul/John, Bruce, and a select few others. In addition to his staggering solo work, which spands six decades, his contributions to Buffalo Springfield, CSNY and many others put him in a unique space. There's a fair argument that he's the greatest of all-time.


Favorite record: Tonight's the Night (1975)

Where are the now: Just doing his thing.

Comments

  1. Hey, nice blog with good info. I really like coming back here often. There?s only one thing that annoys me and that is the misfunctioning of comment posting. I usually get to 500 error page, and have to do the post twice. The harder I work the luckier I get. Samuel Goldwyn 1882 1974 Poor Credit Home Loan and Oxford Distance Learningnegative ion generator reviews consumer reports
    air purifier made in germany
    meat purifier

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best