Best Sources for Good New Music

Where are people who don't have awful taste going to find new music today? And I don't just mean music that's released today, but rather just tunes that aren't terrible. I used to find just about everything I needed from a fantastic music listserve that I was on from 1994 - 2008, but having departed that list, I've been trying to find some good new homes. Magnet and Blurt are probably my favorites but they're hardly comprehensive. I seem to have grown a bit bored with Largeheartedboy, though I do check his site a few times a week. Pitchfork has clearly lost its way and offers next to nothing now. The old big players such as RS, Spin, etc. are clearly chock-full-of-crap.

Where else can one turn? I haven't found any of the hyped bloggers (Aquarium Drunkard, My Old Ky Blog) to really offer that much, so I'm sort of at a loss. Whenever I hop on the computer just looking to scour a music mag/site for an hour or so, well, I just don't find one. I end up scraping through eMusic or reading reviews on Allmusic. Well, I usually just end up hitting Youtube and looking for Possibilities videos. And then I end up departing and heading to Facebook, reading a few incredibly boring updates and dozing off with Croce streaming from my last.fm page.

Comments

  1. You seem to know the answer already...

    Come baaack.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya Fred. There's clearly no better place, but I was and will always be a PCFH addict. When I'm on there, aside from cookin' up some parmless parm, it's about all I do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best