Parks and Recreation

Every Friday, provided there were new episodes the previous night, I hop onto hulu and watch The Office and Parks and Recreation. This set provides my television fix for the week. I have grown to consider the latter perhaps the best comedy on TV right now. Granted, I don't have much to compare it to, but it's a darn funny show. Although she's the centerpiece of the sitcom, I don't think Amy Poehler makes the show. Oh, she's pretty stellar, but it's the Ron Swanson character, played by Nick Offerman (no relation to former-Dodger Jose Offerman), who steals the show. Yes, a lot of the characters, and even the storyline to some extent, are pulled directly from The Office, but it's still downright hilarious.

A few close friends are enormous fans of 30 Rock. I agree that it's quite funny, but I'm with Parks and Recreation. The addition of Rob Lowe had me thinking that the show may take a dip, but one look at his "daily vitamin supplement" squashed that worry.

I highly recommend this show; it's really the only program I make a note to watch every week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best