New York

Since making the move west on New Year's Day 2005, aside from the distance from friends and family, I can't say I've missed New York all that much. Until this trip. Arriving last Saturday and almost immediately landing about ten rows from many of my musical heroes, this trip reminded me why New York City is the greatest city on Earth. From two of the most memorable live shows I've ever seen, to the handful of friends I was able to meet up with, even down to the work meetings that filled each day, the spirit and individuality of New York simply can't be matched.

In less than one week I was able to witness Michael Stipe nail the Box Tops' "The Letter," LCD Soundsystem close out a spectacular decade-long run, share laughs with friends I've known from ten to thirty years, and walk the streets and avenues and feel the passion of a city that simply captivates the mind.

Now back in my home state of New Jersey, I long to be back in the city. Although San Francisco is now home, and likely will be for some time, it feels fantastic to once again acknowledge the brilliance of New York. With about 24 hours left in the area, today I'll head out to watch the Yankees at my hometown pub. And it's never felt better.

See you in a few months....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best