LCD Soundsystem @ Terminal 5, NYC 3.31.11


Closing out their four-night Terminal 5 stand, and their penultimate show, well, ever, LCD Soundsystem covered nearly their entire catalog to perfection. Given my oft-times narrow musical tastes, LCD seems a rare combination: great lyrics, explosive songs and music that forces you to, yes, dance.

Surrounded mostly by late-teens, early-twenties "kids," LCD played one brilliant track after another. "Yeah," "All My Friends," "North American Scum," "Dance Yrself Clean," "Someone Great," "Us v Them," "I Can Change," and although they appeared to have more in the tank, right around midnight came "Losing My Edge," which felt like the perfect closer. Instead of seeing it play out, I stepped out onto the city streets where it started, and in a few days, will conclude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best