Bruce Springsteen / Human Touch (1992)



4.2


I bought a bourgeois house in the Hollywood hills

With a truckload of hundred thousand dollar bills
Man came by to hook up my cable TV
We settled in for the night my baby and me
We switched 'round and 'round 'til half-past dawn
There was fifty-seven channels and nothin' on
Well now home entertainment was my baby's wish
So I hopped into town for a satellite dish

That's the opening to the dreadful "57 Channels."

I share this review as proof that 1) I can be objective and 2) Even the greats can stumble. Outside of the title track and a few mediocre numbers, this is just a full-on dud. My goodness, I'm listening to "Gloria's Eyes" right now and it's truly painful. And later comes "Real Man" which is arguably the worst song Bruce has ever recorded. 

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best