Revenge of the Mekons

Until viewing the downright embarrassing The Kids Are All Right, I would have said that anything including Mark Ruffalo would be my favorite genre of movies. Although I could now possibly go with anything starring Ryan Gossling, I'm actually going to run with music documentaries. And although I love Gimme Shelter, The Last Waltz and other better-known "leaders" of the genre, I'd have to say that I've had a growing love for documentaries on the smaller acts. There's something about diving into life on the road that holds a charm and resilience that I truly admire. Recent favorites include documentaries on Roky Erickson, Low, Joe Strummer and Luna.

Here's author Jonathan Franzen on the upcoming documentary on The Mekons:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Trump : What's Next

2008: The Worst in Music

Over the Wires : Brent Best